Thursday 15 December 2011

Leaving Kambang Island

After stopping briefly in front of the Kambang Island, then we continue the journey to get back to town and back into the Martapura River from Barito river. We left Kambang Island and also floating market and may at some point in the future we will come back to this place. Why do I say so, because when I visited it then this is my second time to visit both places. But the context and the friends who accompany my journey in the past in the 80's are the students of the University of Lambung Mangkurat. As for this second visit I was accompanied by friends who work at same office with me in Jakarta. Both are also quite different context, because the first is in order to survey the role of the trade sector in creating employment and now is in order to carry out focus group discussions at the Grand Mentari Hotel in Banjarmasin about institutional capacity of local governments.

No comments:

Post a Comment